There are hundreds of us about, so why choose me?
I like to say I was born with a pen in my hand. It’s nearly true. I was brought up bilingual and the conversation in my house when I was a child came back to words so often that we kept a dictionary on the dining table for reference during mealtime arguments.
I’m the author of 13 non-fiction books, for children and adults, and I learnt editing and proofreading the hard way: reading the proofs of my own books.
Since then, I have worked on books, papers and articles too many to count, for clients all over the world too many to mention.
I have also:
- given support in literacy, including teaching English grammar and usage, to students at further education colleges
- taught editing to graduates on a Professional Diploma in Publishing course
- devised, led and taught the only Editing and Proofreading course at a further education college in the UK
- taught trainee teachers in the final year of their course, setting and marking their written assignments.
- a remote editor for www.scribendi.com, a Canadian-based editing and proofreading service.
- painstaking and conscientious and always give of my best, as my clients’ testimonials will verify.
- also very good at the job.